Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Scavenger Hunt

For this week's activity, we focused on doing a digital Scavenger Hunt.  This activity proved to be both fun and informative.  I especially liked this activity because it can be adjusted for all grades levels.  This activity takes learning outside of the classroom, but still makes incorporates an educational aspect.  My group focused on doing a Scavenger Hunt for the ABCs.  I thought this was especially great because I can definitely see myself using this in my future classroom.  Since children today are so technologically advanced, having them takes pictures of things could make learning fun.  By having a child take pictures of things in a specific category, this could help the child recognize things that belong in a group, such as finding objects that begin with the letter "A" or finding objects that are the color yellow.

Overall, I think the whole activity went well.  It provided me an opportunity to learn about changing the resolution of photos for web use, as well as creating an online slideshow.  Google Presentation is a great way to create a slideshow on the web, especially since you don't have to remember to save your work after you finish.  I definitely see myself using this tool in my future classroom.  I will be able to split my class into groups to search for shapes, colors and letters.  This activity is great for all ages and I'm glad that I had a chance to discover this.

Here is my digital slideshows:

No comments:

Post a Comment