Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wikis

At this point in the classroom, we have used Wikis in 3 ways and all times it has proved to be a very useful tool.  A wiki is a simple way to create, modify and personalize your own website.  Wikis can be used collaboratively or for individual use.  The great thing about using wikis is that they are a variety of way that you can use them.  Most importantly for me, I could see myself using wikis in my future classroom.  Wikis are a great tool that can be used at any grade level.  It can be used to teach a lesson, or for group projects.  Of course, with any only tool, there are pros and cons.  The only cons to this website are that only one person can edit a page a time.  Besides that, there are a plethora of options available to design a wiki page.  They are very simple to use and can be used for even the simplest of tasks.  Upon first using pbworks.com for wikis, I was hesitant at the amount of work that I would have to put into a page, but it was very simple.  Overall, I will definitely continue to use Wikis in many ways!


Here is a great video that describes Wikis:

No comments:

Post a Comment